Top Business Languages – “You Live a New Life for Every New Language You Speak. If You Know Only One Language, You Live Only Once”, says a famous Czech proverb. This proverb beautifully describes the importance of learning new languages. However, there are several other important reasons to learn few languages that are counted as top business words.
The growing international markets, the advent of newer technologies and business dependency on other countries have created the need for learning top business languages.
Hence, in this article we are providing you a list of top business languages that help you grow and benefit in the international business scenario.
In a quick glance, the significance of English language can be evaluated through the following facts:
- English is a universal language that is spoken in many countries around the world.
- One-third of global populations knows and understands English.
- English is spoken as a second language by more than 300 million people around the world.
- Many schools of various countries teach English as the primary second language.
- There are more than 100 million people who choose to use English over other communication languages.
- English is one of the most popular Lingua Franca used in academe & business around the world.
These facts sum up all the reasons as to why one needs to learn and understand English if he or she wants to survive and grown on the global business platform. This is also most important and top business language for everyone.
One of the important mindsets that can improve business & life include the ‘never give up’ attitude. We say this because certain languages like Russian can be a little complicated to learn but if you keep trying; your efforts won’t go waste!
It is a fact that the Russian language is comparatively a difficult language to be learnt, but once you learn it, you equip yourself with a quality that will give you immense benefits. Russia is one of the greatest economies in the world and hence if full of many business opportunities.
Even Russian businessmen want to do business with other countries, but the problem is that most of them, do not know much English and feel more comfortable speaking their native language, that is, Russian.
Understanding significance of Russian language in a quick glimpse:
- There are 160 million native speakers of Russian language around the world.
- Russian has been given the status of official language by six countries across the globe.
- Russian is spoken all over central & eastern Europe also.
- The Russian language stands second to English for being the most popular language of the technical and scientific text.
Learning Russian can open numerous doors of business opportunities for you and who knows, these opportunities turn into beneficial business deals!
French is an amazing language that should be learnt by anybody who is looking forward to expanding his business on a global stage.
Some important facts related to the French language, include:
- There are over 74 million native speakers of French.
- All over the world, you can find approximately 335 million people who can speak French.
- French is spoken in about forty countries around the world.
- If you are looking ahead to expand your business in African and European markets, the
- knowledge of French language can be advantageous.
- There was a time when French was recognized as an international language with which people all over the world could communicate.
The status of Japan for brilliance in business is known to everyone. The country excels in technology, technical skills and innovation.
There are many reasons as to why one should learn Japanese. Some of them are:
- There are 127 million native speakers of Japanese.
- Japan is the second-largest economy in the world.
- Japan has the third highest Gross Domestic Product.
- Japanese customers expend hundreds of billions of dollars every year on consumer goods and services.
So being able to speak in Japanese increases the probability of communicating in a better way with them. Moreover, of course, better communication means better business chances! Even if someone knows Japanese at a basic level, he may have better chances of winning sales of Japanese companies.
Spanish is an amazing language to learn, especially for those who want to spread their business wings in the United States or anywhere in the Western hemisphere.
Importance of Spanish can be understood in a quick glance at these facts:
- There are over 406 million native speakers of the Spanish language.
- It has been considered an official language in more than twenty countries.
- Spanish is the second language of US.
- The Hispanic customers are the rapidly-growing market segment in North America.
Hence, knowing Spanish is helpful in winning businesses over there.
The good fact about this language is that, in comparison to its spoken forms, the Spanish writing forms are more similar than other languages and undoubtedly, this makes it simpler to learn.
‘Continue learning’ is one of the top behaviors of unstoppable entrepreneurs. Anyone who wishes to get successful in life should try to learn something new each day. Though any new language cannot be learnt in just a day surely, the devotion of few hours for a couple of days would make you learn the basics of any language.
China is one of largest trading partners of the United States. Presently, around three hundred various types of languages are spoken in China. However, the official language of China is Mandarin.
Significant Facts Related to Chinese Mandarin:
- Mandarin is one of the most widespread languages of the world with about 935 million native speakers.
- The Chinese economy is on the way to hold number one position by the year 2020, indicate various studies. This simply means that the knowledge of Mandarin would be enormously helpful for those who want to shake hands with Chinese businesses.
- Mandarin Chinese has a comparatively unfussy grammar. For example, this language does not contain the rule of verb conjugation.
Another name in the list of top business languages that can help you go places includes German. Germany is one of the strongest economies in the world, the second largest exporter of the world and the largest economy of Europe. Germany is regarded as a source of economic inspiration on the global economic stage.
The image surrounds the country for excellence, wisdom and craftsmanship. We all know about certain German companies which rule their related businesses.
Anyone who wishes to make special place by doing business with German companies should learn German.
German is the most commonly spoken language in Europe. Therefore, if you want to establish your business roots in Europe, learning German would be fruitful.
Many of you might not be aware that Portuguese is also one of the widely spoken languages of the world.
Some of the important facts related to Portuguese are:
- There are around 202 million native speakers of the Portuguese language.
- Portuguese is the official language of ten countries. These ten countries are located in Asia, South America and Africa.
- You can find Portuguese speakers in many parts of the world including but not confined to, London, Germany, Luxembourg, etc.
- Brazil, which is the biggest Portuguese speaking country, has got huge population and numerous natural resources.
So that means it can open doors of business opportunities for anyone who knows Portuguese.
Recently, the Arabic language is also considered as important business languages to be learnt. Certain important facts related to the Arabic language include the following:
There are about 223 million native speakers of the Arabic language.
Arabic is the fifth most spoken languages of the world.
- The Arabic language has been given the status of official language in approximately 27 countries.
- The Arabic language is most widely used in the Middle East, a region full of immense business opportunities.
- Anyone who knows Arabic will get an edge during business communication with the Middle East companies.
Globalization is shrinking the entire world. In such a scenario, anyone who knows more than one language will get an advantage over others who don’t! Learning any of the above mentioned top business languages would surely help you win businesses on an international business stage.
By the way, how many languages do you know? What is your opinion about the top business languages? Do write to us. We are waiting eagerly to listen from you!