All of us have been spending quite a lot of time locked in our homes due to the pandemic. This is the best time to get started with some new good habits like getting fit, starting on a good skincare routine for women, reading books, etc.
A habit which we can start ourselves and has major long-term benefits is taking care of our skin. In later years, this habit will not only help you look younger but also help you look healthier and more aesthetic.
There are a lot of skincare routines for better skin out there that suggest tons of things to do but we have done things differently. We will suggest you practical things which will take up only 20 minutes of your day and will give you better results. Follows the article till the end so you’ll get results as soon as you’ll start taking action.
There are basically 3 steps involved in any good skincare routine for glowing skin. These include cleanse, exfoliate, Moisturize. Doing these 3 steps will help your skin stay free of daily dirt it encounters, get cleared of any chemicals that persist, and get repaired from any possible damage.
We will list skincare tips for women to follow so you can also get the flawless skin you’ve always wanted. But keep in mind these steps must be followed regularly to keep the glow consistent and to keep looking your best. Check out more articles on the health section to gain more knowledge on healthy lifestyle.
Steps of Skincare Routine for better skin-
Step 1 of Skincare Routine For Women- Start With Cleansing
“How to get better skin as women?” is a question whose answer starts with the word Cleansing.
No skin routine for flawless skin can start without cleansing your skin first. Here we have to use a mild cleanser to clean your skin. This step ensures that all the dirt and pollution accumulated on the face is removed and the skin is clean before we move forward to next steps.
Types of Cleansers to choose From-
- Light Foaming Cleansers- These type of cleaners are used for combination or oily skins which are acne-prone. It is commonly used to remove Makeup and is often used to clean your skin lightly and for softening up your skin.
- Gel Cleansers- Used for combination type skin or oily skin which is sensitive to redness and prone to acne. It removes light make-up, moisturizes, and makes your skin fresh and healthy. It doesn’t foam that much thus making it easier to wash off.
- Cream and lotion cleansers– These are used for dry skin as it moisturizes after washing. It is a very reliable choice for both dry and sensitive skin as it contains natural ingredients such as Green tea oils and other nutritional oils for your skin. Note: Not recommended for oily skin as it causes acne due to excess addition of oil to your skin and not good for acne Prone skin.
Things to Take care of-
- Use a more soapy cleanser for oily skin
- Use a chemically mild and less soapy cleanser for dry and sensitive skin.
- Always wash your face with lukewarm water so your skin remains hydrated and it won’t get dry.
- Always dry your face by tapping it with towel instead of rubbing it.
How often to Cleanse? : Do it twice Daily, once in Morning and once before you go to bed at night.
Step 2 of Skincare Routine For Women- Exfoliate
The second step that some dermatologists suggest are exfoliation while some suggest toning. Both these steps focus on normalizing your skin tone, Ph level and providing a deep cleaning to your skin.
Exfoliating removes the topmost layer of your skin which usually comprises of dead skin cells and dirt. And it removes blackheads and any dirt clogging your face pores. It also opens up pores of your face thus helping your skin to breathe freely.
For exfoliating your face with your hand, use a scrub. Apply it gently on the face with your fingers. Scrub in small, circular motions. Rinse with lukewarm water afterward. Pat with a dry cloth to dry off your face.
What You’ll be needing?
- Exfoliating brush/loofah- This is usually a soft-haired brush used on the skin of your body and face to remove dead skin cells and clear pores.
- Exfoliation sponge– This is gentle on the skin during exfoliation. You can use them with body washes, face washes to apply them on the skin, and usually these lather well.
- Exfoliating Scrub/Gel- They are applied directly to the skin. You should wash your face with lukewarm water for better results.
How often to Exfoliate? Once in every two days. Don’t do it more than recommended frequency as it takes time for skin to repair and make new outermost layer. Doing too much will result in very dry and chapped skin.
Step 3 of Skincare Routine for Women– Antioxidant Serum
You might be knowing that the very air we breathe leads to the generation of oxidants in our body due to which our body and cells get old faster.
It is very important to consume antioxidants that fight off these oxidants to help us look younger and also giving us inner glow. Antioxidant serum has anti-aging Benefits.
Benefits of Using Antioxidant Serums–
- Antioxidants such as vitamin C, Silicic acid, etc. are great for your skin.
- Protects skin against environmental and UV damage that our skin suffers due to staying in Sunlight for too long.
- Brightens up skin’s dull complexion by repairing the skin.
- Fights off wrinkles and leads to smoother and more youthful skin.
How often to use? Apply Daily at night for best results.
Step 4 of Skincare Routine for Women- Eye Cream
Have you ever noticed, cucumber slices are kept on your eyes every time you go to spas? This is because nowadays stress isn’t the only reason for dark circles under your eyes. These are also due to the amount of strain your eyes experience while watching digital screens for hours.
Due to which we get saggy bags under our eyes which not only make us look older but eventually leads to wrinkles. These dark circles look very bad and are very hard to get rid off.
A simple yet effective addition to your skincare routine which will help you get rid of these dark circles is, use of Eye Cream .
The Eye cream gets rids of the puffiness under the eyes by repairing the skin and tightening it. It also helps with the darkened skin by lightening it up.
How often to use? Apply Daily at night Before going to sleep.
Step 5 of Skincare Routine for Women- Spot Treatment
Lucky are those people, who don’t have dark spots on their faces. Dark spots and hyperpigmentation (presence of darker skin patches) is a fairly commonly seen skin issue. This can be due to multiple reasons such as hormonal issues, acne scars, and sun damage.
Most of the time we can’t stop them from happening but we can treat them by use of spot treatment techniques. Spot Treatment is usually a way of using acne cream/ dark Spot Removal Cream on the problematic area.
How often to use? Daily at night before going to bed.
Bonus Tip: It’s always better to get these Creams from your Dermatologists.
Step 6 of Skincare Routine for Women- Moisturizing
Our skin after getting exposed to all kind of chemicals and dirt loses its elasticity and become hard and greasy. After we cleanse and exfoliate the skin we not only remove all the dirt from our skin. It also remove the natural oils generated by our body. The sole purpose of these oils is to maintain the elasticity of the skin to keep it soft and supple. To revive the dry skin we need to use moisturizers.
Types of Moisturizers–
Lotions are less viscous moisturizers that can spread and absorbed in the skin easily. It doesn’t remain on the skin for longer lengths of time.
Crème unlike lotion , it is more viscous and has a thicker consistency. It is harder to spread and remains on the skin for a longer time. It is usually preferred on dry skin as it is more nourishing and must be used at night.
Choose the right moisturizer by carefully evaluating your skin type.
How often to use? Twice everyday day just after coming out of the shower in the morning and after washing face at night.
Warning: Using oily moisturizers on oily skin can lead to acne breakout. Check the moisturizer before by applying it on your forearm if you have sensitive skin.
Step 7 of Skincare Routine for Women- Sunscreen
We all have heard that staying in sun helps the skin in producing Vitamin D. But that is only true for early morning sunlight.
A prolonged amount of exposure to the sun can not only cause sunburn, giving you pain and mildly burned skin but also leads to the generation of huge amounts of melanin in our skin.
Melanin is produced by the skin to fight against sunburn and to protect itself from harmful UV rays. This prolonged exposure to UV rays can not only burn your skin but will also cause skin cancer.
To reduce the production of melanin in our skin and to protect it against the harmful effects of sunrays we should use sunscreens. By using sunscreens we can protect our skin from getting tanned and leathery.
Choose your sunscreen wisely: Sunscreens comes with Sun Protection Factor a.k.a SPF. Higher the SPF number higher the protection. At least go for SPF 30 and it is always better to Buy SPF 50.
How often to use? Apply 30 minutes before you go outside.
How To Get Better Results from Skin Care Routine For Women-
One of the natural ways to get healthy skin is by drinking regular water. Although if you have a question “How much Water Should I Drink?”, doctors suggest 5 liters per day for better skin and immunity. There are simple lifestyle additions you can do along with this Skincare Routine for Women to get the best results. These are listed below-
- Take Green Tea twice a day.
- Use clean bedsheets and pillow covers.
- Keep stress in check.
- Protect against polluted air.
- Get a proper full nights sleep.
- Limit your Digital usage.
- Stop Smoking and drinking.
Final thoughts Related to Skincare Routine for Women
Always remember that how you look is greatly affected by the health of your skin. Even if you don’t have the best face cut you can improve your look significantly by taking good care of your skin. Having healthy and glowing skin will help you a long way in not only looking and feeling good but also in staying healthy.
We conclude and hope you will get the best results in your skincare department by following this Skincare Routine for Women for flawless skin regularly.