How Much Water Should I Drink a Day? It is a pretty genuine question and also an important one. What have we been told for years? Health experts say eight glasses of water should be taken into our body every day.
However, is that enough for almost every human living on this planet? Well, it all depends on what kind of activity you are doing every day, what your body volume is, are you a patient and many other factors too. So, let’s begin our journey discussing how much water should I drink a day!
Related: Healthy Drinks To Try.
First of all, let’s clear out the myth regarding drinking only eight glasses of water every day :
You need to keep it in your mind that drinking as much water as you can help you with many health issues.
If someone is giving you such advice then clearly that person is not joking! Now, again don’t misunderstand the previous lines, “drinking as much water as you can” does not mean drinking too little water.
You should drink at least 8 glasses of water can be easy to remember for the least purpose.
- 1 Does Drinking Much Water Affect Your Health?
- 2 How Much Water Should I Drink A Day – Why Ask Your Doctor?
- 3 How Much Water Should I Drink A Day – Why Acne Sufferers Need to Know The Answer?
- 4 Benefits of drinking water in the right quantity
- 5 Significant Tips to Benefit the Most from Drinking Water Every Day
Does Drinking Much Water Affect Your Health?
The answer to that question is a clear “No”. Nobody has seen a person become diseased or suffering from some kidney problem who drinks much water in a day.
Yes, he/she will be moving to the restroom every once a while but that is a good sign as much dirt is getting out of their body. These kinds of people would seem healthier than you or me who consume less water in a day.
Also Read: Weight Loss Smoothies With Recipes
Still, the amount depends on the environmental conditions, work intensity, age etc. If you still have doubts regarding your water consumption, check the color of your urine. If your urine is yellowish, it is time to increase the quantity.
How Much Water Should I Drink A Day – Why Ask Your Doctor?
If you are hypertension patient, diabetic or any other patient, then your doctor will ask you to drink more than eight glasses of water each day. People suffering from such problems take heavy dose medicines so; they need 2 liters plus the volume of water in their daily routine.
Not only this but if you are not suffering from these problems and say you suffer from a fever and your doctor asks you to have some antibiotics in your prescription, then you will have to increase your water consumption level too otherwise you will have to face the side effects of the prescribed over the counter medicines.
How Much Water Should I Drink A Day – Why Acne Sufferers Need to Know The Answer?
It is entirely possible that you are reading this article and have been thinking that “I drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day, and still I suffer from acne problem”. Acnes are common among teenagers, and that is due to some hormonal changes.
Also Read: Super Effective & Easy Face Masks
So, to get rid of these problems most of them use face washes and other products. What they significantly need to do is drink water every once a while.
Drinking eight glasses in the whole day is fine but drinking 2-3 sips whenever they get a chance can refresh them and their skin in no time. Keeping the body hydrated can help with the skin issues very much.
For example, doctors issue isotretinoin medicines to people suffering from severe acne, and usually, they have issues regarding dry lips. The amount of water required by the body in that phase is not met, and therefore such problems are faced by the acne patients. If they are drinking 2-3 liters a day, then they should increase the quantity to 4.
Benefits of drinking water in the right quantity
Do you know why water is essential for our bodies? Many of you might be aware of the answer but for those who do not know about the same, let us tell you that drinking water benefits are numerous and you ought to know about them.
- Smooth digestion – When we talk about the benefits of water, the smooth digestion process comes at the first place. If your digestion is smooth, you will stay protected from many diseases. Improper digestion leads to many health problems including constipation, irritable bowel, acid reflux, ulcers and much more. According to ‘Ayurveda’, improper digestion is the cause of all diseases.
- Right fluid balance – Why is water important? 60 percent of a human body consists of water. Drinking the sufficient amount of water helps in maintaining the right fluid balance in our bodies.
- Improved metabolism – The importance of water can be further understood by the fact that it improves your metabolism. In fact, sufficient amount of water helps in transporting minerals, vitamins, and nutrients to all body parts and thus, saves us from feeling dull.
- Right temperature – Sufficient water intake contributes to sustaining the right body temperature.
- Flushing out the toxins – Drinking a good amount of water helps you in flushing out toxins.
- Glowing skin – Just check out the celebrities routine! They all have one thing in common. All of them drink a lot of water every day. Ample water gives glowing skin.
- Helps lose weight – If you want to lose weight, drinking 8 to 12 glasses of water per day is essential. Water helps in breaking down the unwanted fat.
- Helps us stay refreshed & focused – Have you ever noticed that when we do not drink the proper amount of water in the office or at home, we find ourselves feeling dull. The lack of water is also responsible for poor concentration. To stay focused, you should drink enough water.
- Gives extra energy – When we exercise at the gym, our body gives out an excess sweat. Thus, our muscles feel tired. Drinking water helps to get back that energy.
- Smooth Kidney Function – All of us should remember that our kidneys require sufficient fluids to function well. Therefore, drink water!
- Helps fight muscle cramps – Are you experiencing frequent muscle cramps? If yes, the chances are your body requires water. Good water intake contributes to combat muscle cramps and eases joints’ pain too.
Significant Tips to Benefit the Most from Drinking Water Every Day
- Start your day with two glasses of water. This should be the first task that you do when you get up in the morning. This helps in proper detoxification of the body.
- You should sit down to drink water. Just as we sit to eat our food, we should also sit down to drink water as it helps in drinking water properly.
- Drink water in sips. Even if you have to finish a whole glass of water, finish it in three parts. Take few sips, stop, breathe and swallow. Then, take sips again. Repeat the process until you finish the water in your glass. This helps mix saliva with water and thus, gives helps your body in the absorption of water.
- Keep on sipping water for the whole day. If you drink more quantity of water once, your body will not be able to absorb it.
Hope our information on ‘how much water should I drink a day’ will encourage you to stick to the right water intake! At last, it is essential to mention that dehydration can create many health problems for us.
It can increase the risks for obesity. It can thicken your blood leading to coronary heart diseases. It can disturb our digestion and bowel movement. It will make us look and feel dull. Our skin will become dry.
Also, we may suffer from headaches and joint aches, if we do not consume the right quantity of water every day. So, if you do not want to invite these problems, reach out for a glass of water right now!
Also Read : Daily Health Tips