healthy lunch ideas for kids – Have you heard of the terms “fussy eaters” or “picky eaters”? You might be thinking that these are some aliens who fuss or pick edible things! They aren’t aliens from outer planets but the tiny ones in your house who are reluctant to eat specific foods.
People always wonder what nutritional item they should prepare for lunch, which their children eat with some charismatic feeling. Fussy eaters don’t like to eat the same food they had the previous day and picky eaters are always picky in picking their foods! They more or less mean the same thing.
Don’t worry we are here to give you some great healthy lunch ideas for kids that can be either prepared for lunch at home or for your child’s lunch box!
Toasty Sandwich with Some Tomato Ketchup
All you need to do is put boiled and mashed potatoes mixed with onion and turmeric powder in between two slices of bread and the rest of the work is up to your toaster. Once the toast is prepared, it can be eaten up with tomato ketchup and is one of the best nutritious lunch ideas for kids.
This recipe can also be used as a healthy breakfast for kids.
Benefits of Toasty Potato Sandwich:
- Potatoes are one of the favorite food items of kids all over the world. So your kids would love to have this quick and easy potato sandwich recipe.
- Potatoes contain Vitamin B6 that is essential for the body. The deficiency of this Vitamin can cause convulsions. Vitamin B6 plays a major role in our body’s athletic performance.
- Fine quality brown bread or whole grain bread is a good carbohydrate source.
Delicious Cheesy Pasta
You can surprise your kid with this wonderful cheesy dish with the essence of white sauce. Simply melt some butter in a saucepan then add some grain wheat flour and heat it for 1 minute. Add some milk by taking the pan off the heat & then heat it up again until the milk boils up. Next, add some cheese and finally drain off your pasta into the saucepan.
Cheesy Pasta Benefits:
- Pasta provides mainly carbohydrates and is low in fats and vitamins.
- We all know that carbohydrate is body’s most important and readily available source of energy.
- Cheese contains vitamin A, protein and calcium. Vitamin A is important because its deficiency can lead to xerophthalmia (hardening of the cornea).
Colorful Fruity Salad
Fruit salad is one of the most important and easy to prepare healthy lunch ideas for kids. Also, fruits are counted among the top healthy foods for kids. Making fruit salad does not require any rocket science. Just pick up some fresh and ripened fruits. Cut them into small cubes and add some fresh yogurt to it.
This quick & yummy dish can be eaten at any time of the day.
Fruity Salad Benefits:
The benefits you and your kids will get from fruit salad depend on the variety of fruits you choose for preparing the salad. Most of the fruits contain vitamin A and vitamin C. The deficiency of vitamin C causes scurvy.
If you include fruits as a daily after lunch or dinner item they can help reduce your children getting chronic diseases.
Kids around the world love corn dishes and you can cook many tasty lunch ideas for kids through corns! Your kids would insanely love corn casserole in their lunch palette. In a large bowl stir the two cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream and butter. Pour into a greased casserole. Bake for some time until the color turns golden brown. And finally, serve with melted cheese on it. This is also a good nutritious food for kids for lunch.
Benefits of Corn Casserole:
- Corn does not only provide the necessary calories for health and daily metabolism but is also rich in vitamin A, B and E.
- The antioxidants present in corn act as anticarcinogenic agents and prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Though Alzheimer’s disease is found more in older people, there is no harm in taking early preventions for your kids.
Cheese and Vegemite scrolls
This amazing lunch idea for kids requires comparatively more time and patience but it is worth it as your kids would love to eat it. You need to pre heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. In a bowl combine the all purpose flour and butter, then add some cheese and milk and work into a dough ball with your hands. Spread Vegemite(vegemite is an Australian food paste) over the dough balls.
Roll the dough ball to make them longer and cut them into small pieces and bake for 20 minutes.
Benefits of Cheese and Vegemite Scrolls:
Vegemite contains vitamin B, riboflavin and thiamine(a vitamin). Moreover, with the cheese, it adds on to nutritional value as dairy products contain many benefits for kids.
While serving food to kids, always remember that presentation plays a very important role. So try to make a smiling face, a small flower, alphabets or any figure with the ingredients used.
When your creativity gets combined with our healthy lunch ideas for kids, we are sure your kids will always ask for more! Keep cooking, keep enjoying and have a great and healthy life! Also, do share or like our article if you found it useful!
Also Read: Ultimate Cooking Tips Ever: 64 Tips.