New Year Resolution Ideas – What will you do if you know it is the last year of your life? Would you keep living the life you are leading right now or change something? Probably the later.
So, why wait for your last year to bring those changes? Why not resolve right now to make this year the best year? Why not make New Year resolutions that you will actually stick to instead of falling back on January 7?
We bring you some life changing New Year resolution ideas which are sure to transform your life beyond your imaginations if you manage to stick to them. Some of these ideas may look common to you, but they are not common unless you include them in your life.
It is time to leave your older self behind that is not serving you to live the life you dream about. Kick off your bad habits and develop new ones that help you achieve your grand goals.
As one more year from your life goes by, resolve to spend the upcoming year in the best way possible. Check out these 21 highly effective New Year resolution ideas:
1. Get into the best shape of your life – Yes. It might be the most cliche’ idea tried by millions around the world every year. Do not be like them. Develop a regular exercise and workout habit, so you need not take this resolution next year. Get into the best shape in 2017 and stay like that for the rest of your life.
2. Take the Book reading challenge – If exercise is for the physical body, reading is for the mind. Take the annual book reading challenge where you read one or two books every month. That is a huge number of books by just 15-20 minutes of reading per day.
3. Don’t go on a diet, Just Eat Healthy – Do not try to lose your extra flab in January itself by going on a diet only to quit later. Just take a resolution to make healthier choices and eliminate junk food from your diet. You just need to eat smart and healthy instead of starving yourself to get an ideal body!
4. Start A Daily Meditation Habit – Give a rest to that monkey mind and begin a regular meditation practice. You’ll be amazed by the benefits of meditation you experience by spending just 10-15 minutes a day in silence.
5. Start Journal Writing – Putting your thoughts onto paper has a remarkable effect on your ability to think clearly and remove clutter from the mind. Journal writing is one of the best new year resolution ideas you can try in 2017.
6. Stop Taking Things Personally – Many of your problems will be eliminated if you stopped taking things too personally. Remember, you are responsible for your reaction to things people say to you.
7. Help One Person Every Day Without Any Motive – Feel the power of giving without expecting anything in return. Put this on your New Year resolution’s list to see the universe respond back to you with abundance and prosperity.
8. Develop Daily Flossing Habit – You’ll thank us later for saving you trips to the dentist due to an improper dental hygiene routine. A daily flossing habit is a must to keep your oral health in the best condition.
9. Join the 5 AM Club – What is one common thing among the most insanely successful personalities in the world? They wake up when the rest of the world is still sleeping. People know the importance of sleeping and waking up early, but still don’t follow them. Out of all New Year resolution ideas, this will help you in ways you cannot even imagine now.
10. Take Up Public Speaking – Face your fear and join the nearest Toastmasters Club to learn the art of Public Speaking. Nothing will improve your confidence and self-belief than fearlessly speaking in front of a group of people.
11. Throw Away the Idiot Box – Television has perhaps done more harm to the psyche of people in modern generation than anything else. Throw away that idiot box and invest in a Kindle instead to expand your mind by reading books.
12. Say Goodbye to Smoking – How many times have you tried quitting but gave up eventually? If you want just one resolution for 2017, pick this one. You won’t regret it on December 31, 2017, once you stick to his resolution throughout the year.
13. Kill the Procrastination Habit – Develop the habit of prioritizing and doing instead of procrastinating. Time is precious, and you must make use of every second. Follow the advice of Nike and Just Do It.
14. Minimize Social Media, Get Out More – One of the methods to achieve the above resolution is to take up this New Year resolution. You might have more than 1000 friends on Facebook or 1 lakh followers on Twitter. Hardly any of them care about your status or vacation pictures. Get out more, meet people in person, and develop authentic relationships.
15. Learn a New Language – Experience a new culture and learn a new language this year. This will not only help you in career, but you will also feel mentally sharp once you learn a foreign language.
16. Develop A New Creative Hobby – Express yourself creatively by signing up for a new hobby in 2017. Be it guitar lessons or painting, find whatever excites you and let the art bring out your emotions and message in front of the world.
17. Take The Leap, Be Your Own Boss – How many times you have dreamt of starting your business but dropped it for a soul-sucking job that pays your bills? Make 2017 the year when you take that leap and become an entrepreneur. You will never regret choosing this resolution out of all New Year resolution ideas so far!
18. Practice Gratitude Daily – The age old saying of ‘Count your blessings’ can transform your life if you understand the importance of it. Start practicing a daily gratitude habit to experience the magic of being thankful.
19. Fall In Love With The Right Person – Finding a right life partner can significantly boost your happiness and quality of your life. If you have been single for long, it is time to fall in love but with a right person!
20. Spend More Time With Your Family – You won’t get the time back to spend time with your baby in his initial years or your old parents. Do not ignore your family entirely for the sake of your work life.
21. Learn About Personal Finance – It is one of the best new year resolutions you can take for a secure financial life in future. Learning how money works and basics of personal finance can prove to be a huge advantage for you.
Even if you incorporate only a few of these New Year resolution ideas, you can expect to see significant changes in the quality of your life. After all, small changes over an extended period of time give excellent results.
You do not make a wall in one day. You just place one brick one after another in the best way possible and soon you can build a wall. In a similar way, pick New Year resolutions that you believe will make the biggest difference in your life when you do them daily!
Soon, you’ll be on your way to achieving your goals and dreams! Before that, do not forget to throw a grand party on December 31st. Check out these New Year party ideas for inspiration!
Also Read: New Year Eve Dinner Ideas.