Avocado Hair Mask – Does your hair look dull and lifeless? Do you find more and more hair on your hairbrush? Does your ponytail look limp? Are you experiencing hair thinning? Is your hair dry?
If you are facing any of these problems, then you need avocados!
Avocados are rather a unique food. They are a darling- a hit guacamole ingredient and a fabulous item to add to salads, salsas and other recipes. However, something as simple as an avocado can benefit your hair as well!
It has several advantages and uses, including hair treatment. With simple homemade recipes, you can create avocado hair mask that will nourish your locks. Your hair will not look limp anymore! Rather they will come alive!
1Avocado, Honey And Olive Oil Hair Mask
Honey is full of rich vitamins that are known for strengthening the scalp and hair. Also, honey even works as an effective humectant, which helps your hair in retaining moisture. Whereas, olive oil is an amazing hydrant, which aids in protecting your tresses from getting damaged.
It is especially useful for those who blow dry their hair quite often or are exposed to pollution on a regular basis. To increase the effectiveness of this mask and to get a spa like hair treatment, add a few drops of lavender essential oil. The essential can help in reducing dandruff. Overall, it is one of the best avocado hair masks of all time.
- 1 pitted and scooped out avocado
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Few drops of lavender essential oil
Add all the ingredients in a glass jar and blend them together to form a smooth paste.
Ensure that there aren’t any lumps in the mixture.
- Apply the mask to slightly damp hair while paying extra attention to the hair ends.
- Massage your scalp for a bit.
- Cover your head with a shower cap.
- Allow the mask to rest for 40-45 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- Remember it may take more than one washing to remove the mask entirely.
- After washing, condition your hair normally as you do.
This Avocado hair mask is recommended for people who have dry and dull hair. Even those who have serious hair damage due to the use of curling iron, straightener or other hair products, can also use this mask. Excellent for hair fall.
2Banana & Avocado Hair Masks
Get rid of fussy hair problems. Noticeable results with just a single application. Make this amazing hair mask at home and give your hair a lasting glow. For all those who aren’t aware, banana can work wonders for hair. It not only makes your hair softer, but it also helps in keeping it dandruff free and shiny.
Thanks to its rich nutritional contents, which includes carbohydrate, potassium, natural oils, vitamins, etc., banana improves the natural elasticity of the hair. Regular application of this banana and avocado hair mask will help you in keeping your hair in the most natural and healthy state.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Few drops of essential oil (orange, lavender, jasmine, musk or rose)
Form a smooth paste by blending in all the ingredients together, making sure that there aren’t any lumps in the mixture. See if the ingredients have a smooth, paste-like consistency.
- Damp your hair with water.
- Apply the mask on your hair and scalp.
- Massage gently.
- Pay extra attention to the hair ends.
- After that, secure your hair in one place and cover it up with a shower cap.
- Leave the mask to work on your hair for 15 minutes or more and then rinse your hair thoroughly.
- After washing your hair, condition normally.
Recommended for those with dandruff. This is an ideal hair treatment for people with split ends and those who have slower hair growth. The nutrients in banana and avocado will help in increasing the hair growth.
Also Read: 10 Powerful Hair Growth Remedies
3Avocado, Egg Hair Mask
All the essential nutrients contained in this egg and avocado hair mask strengthen your hair and assist in rebuilding damaged hair by filling in weaker spots. It is an efficient solution for softening, hydrating and conditioning your hair naturally.
- 1/2 ripe avocado,
- 1 egg
Create a uniform paste by blending the avocado and egg together. Alternatively, whip the egg separately to form a frothy liquid and then blend with the avocado. Add any essential oil if you want to reduce the eggy smell.
- Apply the mask on damp hair.
- Start from the scalp and work all the way up till the ends.
- Massage your scalp gently and let the mask rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your hair thoroughly followed by conditioning
- Note: Don’t rinse your hair with hot or warm water when using any egg-laden hair mask, as this can cook the egg, which in turn will leave you to be stuck with bits of egg in your hair.
Recommended for people with flaky and limp hair. The hair treatment volumizes those locks. Protein rebuilds hair follicles. People with severe hair fall can try it.
4Avocado Oatmeal and Olive Oil Hair Treatment
This is an excellent avocado hair treatment for dry, damaged and frizzy hair. This hair mask moisturizes your mane and restores its radiant glow. Since all the ingredients contained in this hair mask have moisturizing qualities, they keep your hair hydrated all day long.
Avocado is rich in biotin, which aids in strengthening your hair whereas olive oil helps in smoothening of frizzes. Also, oatmeal being rich in Vitamin B penetrates into the deepest layers of your hair for nursing it back to its optimal health.
Also Read: 13 Habits You Should Follow Before Bedtime.
1 ripe avocado
1/4 cup of oatmeal
1/4 cup of olive oil
1 cup of milk.
From an avocado paste by mashing it up nicely. Mix the paste with 1/4 cup of oatmeal. Mix 1/4 cup of olive oil. After that, add 1 cup of milk to the mixture and stir thoroughly.
- Damp your hair (optional)
- Apply the mask on your hair.
- Let the mask sit there for around 30 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with normal water.
- Shampoo and condition your hair.
If you are encountering hair loss, then this is the mask for you. You might want to allow slightly lower amount of olive oil initially as it leads to hair breakage. However, after a few weeks, go ahead and increase the quantity. For better results, combine olive oil with castor oil.
If your you feel that your hairs are not healthy or well and not comfortable with avocado then you should try coconut oil as hair treatment, but if you are okay with the avocado then its the best hair mask.
Apply these masks once every mask. If you are confused, try rotating these masks every week to get the best benefits.